Monday, September 10, 2018

The Day Before the World Changed

Here we sit in the final hours of September 10th.

17 years ago, all Americans were winding down from a Monday (much like today). There were thousands of people that were spending their last night on this earth. None of us knew what the next day would hold. Only God.

17 years ago, I was 18 years old and in my first full week of college. I had just finished my 4th day of class. I have no recall of what I did on Monday evening but I can recall almost every minute of what I did on September 11.

!7 years ago, the naivety of myself and my life was in its final hours. I thought that I had been through some rough things up to this point in my life but little did I know what was coming.

But then September 11.

I often think about the thoughts of God during this night. I know that He knew of the evil that was about to befall our country. The weeks, months, and years following this event were full of questions - many of them asking why God would allow this to happen. When I remember hearing those questions, I go to the story of Job. I believe that God used this act of great evil to turn people to Him.

Tomorrow, we will remember all of those people that boarded a plane that never made it to its destination. All of those people that simply walked into a building to go to work, in New York and Washington D.C. Tomorrow, we will relive the worst day in American history.

Tonight, we remember the innocence of life before the day the world changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment